THE CIGAR INSTITUTE
PARTICIPATION CONSENT FORM
By clicking in the Accepted block below the participant agrees to the terms and conditions of this Consent Form and constitutes the electronic signature as with effect as of the date the Accepted block is clicked.
This Participation Consent form sets out the terms that apply to my attendance at and/or my involvement in, connection with or incidental to (collectively my “Participation”) in La Aurora, S.A.’s Cigar Institute Courses (the “Event”) and covers the following aspects of my Participation:
- – Assumption of risk and liability with regard my Participation in the Event (Section I);
- – Assumption of risk and liability regarding any voluntary extension of the trip beyond the close of the Event (Section II); and
- – General provisions (Section III).
- The above summary is for ease of reference only and shall not in any way affect the interpretation of the provisions of this Deed of Participation.
- LIABILITY RELEASE
1.1 Risks associated with Participation. I acknowledge and understand that my Participation in the Event involve certain risks. Such risks include, but are not limited to, slips, falls, heat exhaustion in the offices or from touring plantations or in any other place part of the Event, or accidents, as a result of the malfunction of the ground transportation used during the Event, which can result in a fire, an explosion or collision resulting injuries caused by bad weather, or by third party incidents, etc. I fully acknowledge and understand that my Participation in the Event may result in serious bodily injury, illness and/or death to myself or others and that it might entail the risk of loss of or damage to property, including the voluntary excursions organized in the city of Santiago and its surroundings.
1.2 Assumption of the risks. With full knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with my Participation in the Event, I agree to participate in the Event voluntarily and fully accept and assume (for myself, my representatives, heirs, assigns and next of kin) full liability for every such risk (foreseeable or otherwise), including for any and all risks of loss, damage and/or injury (including death), whether caused by the fault of La Aurora, and/or their affiliates and/or any other persons and entities connected with the Event such as The Cigar Institute teachers and employees (for the purposes of this Participation Consent Form, hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Exempted Parties”) or by another cause.
1.3 Release of liability. In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and forever discharge, for myself, my heirs, assigns, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal representatives, any and all rights and/or claims which I (or they) have, may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me (or them) against the Exempted Parties, and hereby release and forever discharge the Exempted Parties from any liability whatsoever which they have or may have towards myself, my heirs, assigns, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal representatives, for any and all:
(c) Injuries (including death); and/or
which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly arising out of my Participation in the Event (including the application of emergency or medical services at the Event), no matter how any such losses, damages, injuries (including death) and/or claims are caused even if they are caused by the fault of the Exempted Parties, or those acting on their behalf.
- EXTENDED STAY LIABILITY RELEASE.
In case I voluntarily decide to extend my visit in Santiago, Dominican Republic or its surroundings beyond the close of the Event, which was the original purpose of the trip (“Extended Stay”), the following Clauses shall apply.
- I understand that all insurances which may have been organized by or through La Aurora, S.A., and/or their affiliates in connection to, and for the period of the Event will have expired and will not be applicable for the period of my Extended Stay.
- I voluntarily agree to assume (for myself, my representatives, heirs, assigns, and next of kin) all such risks, foreseeable or otherwise, and hereby release and discharge the Exempted Parties from any liability for, or any claims that may arise in respect of any, and all:
(a) Loss of or damage to property, and/or
(b) Illness, injury or death that I may sustain,
- No matter how any such loss of or damage to property and/or illness, injury or death are caused, in relation to my period of Extended Stay.
- I certify that I have carefully read this Participation Consent Form and fully understand its terms and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it. I have done so freely and without inducement, coercion or duress and without having received assurances or guarantees. I intend this Participation Consent Form to be complete and unconditional to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- I confirm that this Participation Consent Form is irrevocable, and shall be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators or other personal representatives.
- I confirm that this Participation Consent Form may be freely transferred by La Aurora, S.A. and to their affiliates, successors, assignees and licensees from time to time in perpetuity. I acknowledge and agree that references to “La Aurora, S.A., and/or their affiliates” and to “other persons and entities connected with the Event” shall include references to their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, teachers and consultants, who shall be included within the scope of Exempted Parties as referred to in this Participation Consent Form.
- I agree to hold in strict confidence all information that has been or may be disclosed to me, either orally or in writing by La Aurora, S.A., and/or their affiliates, and their respective employees or agents in connection to, or incidental to, the Event. I will use such information only for the benefit and at the direction of La Aurora, S.A., and/or their affiliates, and will not disclose such information to any third party.
- To the extent permitted under applicable data protection laws, I do not object to La Aurora, S.A., and/or their affiliates storing, or having stored, on databases personal data, including but not limited to the Material (including as it may be altered or edited), my birth date, my contact details, this Participation Consent Form and any other document relating to my Participation in the Event. This data will be stored only for the purposes of using the Material, keeping a record of the correct implementation of the Event, and being able to contact me in the future. I consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes and by the methods indicated above, including the communication of the data to the persons mentioned and/or the transfer of the data abroad.
- I agree that under no circumstances shall I have any right to maintain any cause of action against La Aurora, S.A., and/or any of their affiliates or anyone else, by virtue of the terms of this Participation Consent Form, or anything done pursuant thereto.
- I acknowledge and agree that references in this Participation Consent Form to “including”, “includes” (or derivations thereof) are not exhaustive.
- I hereby agree that if any provision of this Participation Consent Form (or part of a provision) is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions (or parts of provisions) shall remain in force. I further hereby agree that if any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
- I hereby agree that this Participation Consent Form shall be governed by and construed by the laws of the Dominican Republic and I irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Santiago, Dominican Republic for the adjudication of any disputes arising under this Participation Consent Form.
This document has been executed as a deed and is delivered and takes effect on the date of the electronic signature below.
Terms and General Conditions
CANCELLATIONS – REFUNDS
To cancel your reservation or participation in the course, you must do so 15 days prior to the start date. After your cancellation, you will have available credit valid for one year for future courses. If you need assistance for your cancellation, please email email@example.com.
If you cannot attend a course you have booked, you can request a transfer date valid for one year. You must notify this at least 14 days before the course starts. For more information, please read the guidelines in the section “Course Transfers”.
If you do not attend a booked course without any notification, refunds do not apply.
No additional charges will apply if you wish to change the date of a course. You only need to notify firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days before the start date of the course, to confirm availability.
However, a transfer fee of 20% of the course fee (plus ITBIS) will be payable if the notice is received less than 15 days before the date of the original course.
No refund policies apply in the case of a transfer.
Only one course transfer is allowed per person.
Transfer requests for a course must be sent by email to: email@example.com.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICIES
All information provided by you from the time of registration until the end of your purchase will be handled in strict confidence and will be kept private.
Your approval will be required before making any information provided public.
We are not responsible for the errors our customers make during the use of the services we offer in laauroracigarworld.com, and will not cover losses caused by: capture errors or misuse of the service, negligent handling, leaving the computer unattended in the middle of an online session, or other security flaws that are the user’s responsibility, etc.
We do not solicit personal information via email. Never provide personal information, passwords, payment methods, among other sensitive information via email.
Always remember to log off once you have finished making your purchase, to prevent anyone else accessing your user and personal information within the website.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION SAFETY
Our portal does not store any credit card information. We use a third party company who provides us with the whole payment process.
The only information we share from our database with the third party company platform is your name, e-mail and the total amount payable.
You can purchase our courses by phone, in our shop in Santiago or via the Internet. We accept bank transfers, PayPal and the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club regardless of the entity or type (credit / debit). The ticketing system uses a secure server and the latest encryption technology.